PASC is affiliated to Swim Ulster and Swim Ireland. This policy seeks to establish rules and guidelines to ensure that PASC committee, coaches, parents/guardian and members understand how PASC complies.
Swim Ireland have issued:
- Swimming Pool Safety Guidelines; and
- Swim Ireland Code of Practice for Safety Swimming 2011
These are available on their website: www.swimireland.ie
PASC recognises the importance of the Health, Safety & Welfare of club members and is committed to, as far as reasonably practicable:
- Safeguarding the health, safety, and wellbeing of its members and will ensure that it has in place current Access NI and safeguarding certification for all its’ volunteers;
- Provide its coaches, members and volunteers with adequate information, instruction, training or supervision in pursuance of this policy;
- ABC’s Cascades Leisure Centre is responsible for providing and maintaining a safe place of swimming, land training and environment of its facility and PASC will liaise with Cascade’s officer to ensure it carries out any relevant actions to adhere to their health & safety policy; and
- Communicate in a timely manner any reviews made by Swim Ireland to the Health & Safety policy or amendments to risk assessments to its members at the first opportunity.