COUCH TO 5K Challenge for swimmers & parents
STARTS TUE 30TH JUNE 2020 @ 6:30PM
We are challenging all our swimmers and their parents to start the NHS Couch to 5K running programme this week.
Couch to 5K is a 9 week programme consisting of 3 x 30 mins sessions per week.
If you FOLLOW the programme you WILL be able to run a distance of 5K non-stop in just 9 weeks.
You can either follow the programme completely on your own using the Android or iPhone apps or standalone podcasts, or by joining other members of PASC on Tue & Thur nights at People’s Park Portadown at 6:30-7:00PM for a coach led session. You will need to do the third run yourself on either a Sat or Sun. At week 6 we will introduce a coach led Sat group session for those who want to follow the programme in a group.
COVID-19 still poses a very real risk and we would ask swimmers and their families to still adhere to social distancing rules while attending the sessions together:
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell, and if you have cold/flu like symptoms stay at home for 14 days and seek medical advice if necessary
- Stay 2m apart from those outside of your household
- Do not shake hands, hug or ‘high-5’ anyone outside of your household even though you may not have seen friends & training partners in person for a long time
- Do not share water bottles or pass mobile phones or other personal equipment between each other
- If you must sneeze or cough do so into a tissue or your elbow and away from others, and dispose of tissues in bins or when you get home